2009/07/16

dreaming of mongolia


i find myself stuck a day more inside my room, bearing a slight fever, a brewing sore throat, a persistent headache, and an unwanted tummy-ache. outside, i hear the patter of rainfall on galvanized rooftops and cemented walls. it feels good to have a cup of tsokolate, or a bowl of sopas... wrapped in a blanket on a humbly cushioned hard-wood bed, nursing a weakened body, mind and spirit into good health, thinking about tomorrow, dreaming of places...


i see annapurna, nepal. the vision circles and lasts long enough for me to reach the highest points of the multi-day trail.

and then my hallucinations start to take me to vast landscapes in mongolia. dreaming of mongolia...






but i go back - wrapped in my blanket on my bed, sans the hot tsokolate or sopas, bringing myself to resume a draft document, and prepare materials for a brief discussion on harassment in the workplace. what luxury time left for corporal rest i offer as sustenance to my brittled spirit and mind, and i'll dream more.


Note: Photos are screenshots in the movie Mongolian Pingpong, directed by Ning Hao

2 comments:

Japrin said...

love this episode.. :) great photos! :)

arcibaldo said...

the photos from the movie are really spectacular. you should see the movie, "Mongolian Pingpong". it makes me want to go to Mongolia soon, if i save money.